Saturday, April 5, 2008

Challenge quilt




Well I finished the top for my challenge. Still have to quilt and embellish it but I think it turned out nice. I have shown two close ups too. One of the fairy and one to show the flower and leaves. I am going to add some rounds of bumpy yarn to the middle of the sunflowers. Not too much as the centers are part of the challenge fabric. Also going to add beads and such to the buttlerflies, fairy and ladybugs. I made the fairy wings out of Angelina fibers. The quilt is 37" x 31". We couldn't make it any larger than 40" x 40" and it had to at least be 30" x 30".

4 comments:

Nita Butler said...

Karen, your quiltis priceless! I just love it! Such detail and wonderful colors! You did great and In my book this is a winner for sure! I adore the fairy!!

Love,
Nita

Shashi Nayagam said...

Nice? Oh my that is not the word for it. It is gorgeous! I love the colours and the theme and what a lovely little fairy.

Sharon-NZ said...

karen, it is just lovely, just lovely I love the flowers just my sort of colouring

Solstitches said...

This is gorgeous Karen and will be even more so when you finish embellishing it.
Your work is just wonderful.

Margaret