Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grandkids weekend

The grandkids were here for a sleepover weekend. We had lots of fun. My hubby does all the outside stuff with them as I don't do heat very well. They helped grandpa in the garden and then my grandson and hubby finished building the go-cart they had been working on. My grandson wanted to make a mat with tiny squares. I just happen to have a bag of 1 1/2 in squares that I gave him and granddaughter to design some tiny mats. The finished size of the squares is 1 inch. They put together the pattern and I sewed them up! We did this so Papa could nap for a while! LOL

Kassy, Calvin and Papa




The squares that I sewed together for grandkids. They are backed with fabric pillowcase style.

3 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Lovely choice of colours Karen. They look great! Regards, Nessie

Wacky Woman said...

What wonderful memories you are building Karen.

Diana said...

What a lovely pic Karen, sounds like everybody had a great time, Gosh 1" squares that's so tiny, you're a brave woman, lol.
hugs
Diana