Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ribbons for quilt show

I am chairman of the ribbons committee for the quilt show next week for one of my quilt guilds. We are a rather poor guild so I chose to make the ribbons and donate them as opposed to turning in receipts. They took me a while. Our show is called 'Romance in Bloom', so I made ribbon flowers for the awards. Here is a picture of them. Four categories and three winners in each plus 3 honorable mentions for the quilt and wall hanging category as there are so many entries in that one.

I was also sick last week so lost time in making them. Had the flu but feeling better now. The only thing was I was sick when my daughter's baby shower was held so I didn't get to go. But we are doing baby shopping tomorrow for stuff she didn't get at the shower.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Karen, sorry you are under the weather...the flu is nothing to sneeze at! But your ribbons are gorgeous!!! The winners are going to be so pleased when they see one of those babies attached to their quilt! You certainly know how to make the quilter feel special. Hmmmm, what is poor, really! You've done a fantastic job!!!!

hugz