This is a mermaid I finished today for a swap. She is about 12" from the top of head to tip of tail (straightened out). I embellished her with beads and lace and shells. The fabric is doe suede for the body (torso is dyed with Jaquard dye) and the tail is batik. I fill the tail with waterproof sand for a more natural look. I use sand for all my dolls Unless I mailing a doll to another country.
I got my blood work done on Monday and saw the cardiologist on Wednesday. He said everything looked good as I had passed the stress test back in April with flying colors and now my cholesterol is where he wants it too!
The CT scan didn't happen on Tuesday as schedule. The pre approval from the insurance didn't come thru. I guess those insurance guys know more that doctors! This is for an ongoing monitoring of a spot on my lung too. So I have already had two scans. The doctor just wants to make sure the spot isn't getting bigger. That bummed me out, but I picked myself up and made a mermaid. Dollmaking is very theraputic!
Monday was my first quilt guild meeting of the week. This one meets on the second Tuesdays of the month. We had our ice cream social and played a game with 2 1/2" strips of fabric. FUN! i shared the mermaid I made in the previous posts.
Wednesday was another guild meeting. This one meets on the third Wednesday of the month. We met at a pizza place this month as Aug is always hot and our regular place has no air conditioner. I run the raffle for the guild and love to buy the fabrics and such for my 'pots'. It is called Pot of Gold! We had lots of pizza and fun. I am also going on a quilt reatreat in October with this guild. That is going to be fun and I have to decide what I want to work on now to get my kit together.