Monday, February 25, 2008

I AM here!!!





Well, the quilt show was this weekend. I won two ribbons for my dolls and showed four of my quilts. The two lady dolls are the ones that took 2nd and 3rd place viewers choice ribbons. It was the first time this guild had let there be dolls displayed.
The colorful quilt is 'Aussie Tilt and Turn'. It was made from swap blocks on one of my yahoo groups and a the list mom is from Australia and so are many of the blocks.
'Christmas Charm' was made from two charm square packs and some border print.
'Color Calendar' was a block of the month from the guild. It is stars with fused applique and button hole stitch.
The last quilt was the 'Farm Fun' I made for the challenge.
I restrained myself and only bought some charm squares and some of the Wicked Witch of the East fabric from the new Oz collection from the vendors at the show! I worked at the show on Sunday and helped take down the vendor area.

7 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Well done Karen congratulations. The dolls are beautiful and you deserve it.

Vickie said...

woohoo Karen way to go...they are lovely dolls,cheers Vickie

Anita said...

Great job on the dolls Karen! The tilt block quilt looks fantastic, must get mine sewn up!!

Cath Ü said...

Karen... the Tilt and Turn quilt looks wonderful....

And the dolls well what can I say... gorgeous....

Well done on your awards...
Cath Ü

Khris said...

Well I think you should have got first prize...love them all. Hugs Khris

Sharon-NZ said...

Love them love them, the dolls are superb and I love the tilt and turn quilt

hugs

Maggie R said...

Hi Karen, Congrats on your doll/quilt entries. They are all real eye candy. Love the Jester!
((((hugs))))
Maggie
PS I put your link on my blog... You can do same if you want. I am a member of Dollstreet too LOL,
((((hugs)))))
Maggie