Well, the quilt show was this weekend. I won two ribbons for my dolls and showed four of my quilts. The two lady dolls are the ones that took 2nd and 3rd place viewers choice ribbons. It was the first time this guild had let there be dolls displayed.
The colorful quilt is 'Aussie Tilt and Turn'. It was made from swap blocks on one of my yahoo groups and a the list mom is from Australia and so are many of the blocks.
'Christmas Charm' was made from two charm square packs and some border print.
'Color Calendar' was a block of the month from the guild. It is stars with fused applique and button hole stitch.
The last quilt was the 'Farm Fun' I made for the challenge.
I restrained myself and only bought some charm squares and some of the Wicked Witch of the East fabric from the new Oz collection from the vendors at the show! I worked at the show on Sunday and helped take down the vendor area.
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you. 2. Post THE RULES on your blog. 3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog. 4. Tag 7 people and link to them. 5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
1. I am 5' 1" and my husband is 6' 4"
2. My two favorite types of music are classical and hard rock
3. When I was younger and lived in Los Angeles I usually went to Disneyland 5 times a year. I had the layout memorized and used to draw maps of Disneyland at home
4. I had a heart attack when I was 45
5. I can water ski (or a least I used when I was thin enough for a bathing suit! LOL)
Well It is finally done! It is hard to tell in the little pic but the animals are wearing Mardi Gras beads and masks! Te tree is also decorated for Mardi Gras. The two challenge fabrics are the multi colored check and the fabric containing the four small chickens I cut and fused on. It is heavily quilted. All the appliques are fused on and then stitched with clear nylon thread zig zag. The maching quilting is done with different varigated threads.